Meet Dr. Upma Pathak Shanker
Dr. Upma is a Specialist in IVF and Obstetrics and Gynecology with over 20 years of experience. Prior to working with Fakih IVF Oman Dr. Upma was the Medical Director at ART fertility clinics in Muscat. With her vast experience and passion for Reproductive Medicine, Dr. Upma continuously strives to give her patients the best chances to achieve their parenthood dream.
- Masters in Reproduction, Development and Advanced Infertility – Bristol School of Medicine, St Michaels Hospital – Bristol, United Kingdom: September 2013.
- Post Graduate Award in Artificial Reproductive Techniques from Warwick University, Warwick, Coventry, UK: June 2011.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Gynaecological Endoscopy from Kiel School of Laparoscopy, Kiel, Germany: March 2011.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Obstetrics and Gynecology from ICMCH, Kolkata, India: March,2001.
- M.B.B.S (Bachelor of medicine and surgery), GMC, Bhopal, India with a gold medal in Surgery in 1996 followed by 1 year of internship in GMC completed in March 1997.
Awards and Appreciations
- Gold medal in Surgery in MBBS, GMC,Bhopal
- In 2014, was officially commended by the Commanding Officer at AFH, for her outstanding contributions to the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and the Armed Forces Hospital.
- Certificate in Assisted Reproductive Technology from World Laparoscopy Hospital, Gurgaon, India
- December 2012 – Completed a poster presentation along with Dr. Hetal S Raniga and Dr. Sheikha Al Abri on ‘Gonadal Dysgenesis – Diagnosis and Management options’ at National Conference by OSOG in Muscat, Oman.
- December 2013 – Completed two poster presentations at the International Conference of Obstetrics and Gynecology Muscat- Oman, along with Dr. Hetal Sameer Raniga and Dr. Sheikha Al Abri.
- Conducted two research studies in Armed Forces Hospital –
- The benefit of Laparoscopy in patients with endometriosis and its advantage in the treatment of infertility, during Post-graduate award from Warwick, UK.
- Risk Factors associated with Preterm labor, during MSc from Bristol, UK
- In January 2019, she published a case report in the Journal of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive medicine titled- ʺA nonreceptive ERA test result in an HRT cycle may not be replicable in a natural cycleʺ, while at ART fertility clinic.
1.Effect of endometrial thickness on biochemical pregnancy rate: an analysisof 1534 frozen euploid embryo transfers.
S.Mattar, A.Linan,U Shanker,F.Ruiz,I. Elkhatib,B.Lawrenz,H.M.Fatemi
ART Fertility Clinic. Oman,UAE
2.Natural endometrial preparation for single euploid frozen embryo transfer increases the likelihood of live birth in obese patients.
F.Ruiz, A.Linan, I.Elkhatib, A.Bayram, A.Abdala,A. El-Damen,U.Shanker,L.Melado,B.Lawrenz,H.Fatemi
3.ICM and TE quality significantly impact the live birth in euploid frozen blastocyst transfer cycles.
A.Linan Tegedor, I. Elkhatib, A.Arnanz,A.Bayram,A.Abdala, F.Ruiz, U.Shanker,A.Akram,L.Melado, R.Patel, B.Lawrenz,H.M.Fatemi.